Lesson 1 - Teacher's Guide
- The Lord has already blessed us, healed us, delivered us, and prospered us! The only reason to be hopeless, helpless, and in despair is if we don’t know who we are and what we have in Christ. We need a full revelation of what Jesus has done for us! That doesn’t mean we won’t ever have problems. But in the midst of them, we can say, “Father, You’ve already supplied this before we ever had the need. We know it’s there, so we’re drawing near to You. Thank You for revealing it to us!” Christians should never be hopeless or full of despair (John 6:35 and 4:14). The Lord doesn’t come to those who just passively seek Him—we must pursue Him wholeheartedly (Jer. 29:11 and 13).
- God has already given us everything. There’s a well of living water on the inside of every born-again believer. It’s not time to ask Him to come and touch us; it’s time for us to start taking, eating, and drinking of what He’s already given!
- Through the revelation contained in this study, we’ll learn that God loves us infinitely more than we can ever comprehend or need. There will be times when depressing and discouraging feelings tempt us. Although we’ll have these thoughts, we won’t give in to them, because we’ll also have this revelation that God loves us and has already provided everything we need. So instead of giving in to hunger, discouragement, and despair, we’ll remind ourselves of God’s Word. We’ll just separate ourselves and spend a day or so fasting, praying, and seeking God. What we’re doing is mining what the Lord has already placed within us. Instead of asking Him to give us something new, we’ll draw out the life that He’s already given.
- God has given us such joy inside that we can choose to rejoice at all times (Phil. 4:4 and Ps. 34:1). As we draw on the joy that God has already placed within our bornagain spirits, we’ll live a consistently victorious life. In the midst of great adversity, we’ll experience continual joy and peace. It’s not because we’re never tempted with the other, but because we know in our hearts that God has already done His part. We start focusing on the Lord and His Word and draw out His abundant life from within us.
- The Lord has already done everything. However, if we’re not seeing it manifest, it’s not God who hasn’t given—but us who haven’t received! Come, let’s go on a journey that will teach us how to receive what God has already done for us.
|1.||A. Read John 6:35, 4:14; Jeremiah 29:11, and 13. What is the only reason to be hopeless, helpless, and in despair? (We don’t know who we are and what we have in Christ)|
|B. Does the Lord come to those who just passively seek Him? (No, we must pursue Him wholeheartedly)|
|2.||A. Who has already given us everything? (God)|
|B. What’s on the inside of every born-again believer? (A well of living water)|
|3.||A. Instead of giving in to hunger, discouragement, and despair, what must we remind ourselves of? (God’s Word)|
|B. What are we doing when we separate ourselves and spend a day or so fasting, praying, and seeking God? (We’re mining what the Lord has already placed within us)|
|C. Instead of asking Him to give us something new, what must we draw out? (The life that He’s already given)|
|4.||A. Read Philippians 4:4 and Psalm 34:1. As we draw on the joy that God has already placed within our born-again spirits, what will happen? (We’ll live a consistently victorious life)|
|B. In order to experience continual joy and peace in the midst of great adversity, what must we know in our hearts? (That God has already done His part)|
|5.||A. What has the Lord already done? (Everything)|
|B. If we’re not seeing it manifest, is it God who hasn’t given or us who haven’t received? (Us who haven’t received)|