Life for Today
This Bible commentary contains the footnotes from Andrew's study Bible, Life for Today. It covers the New Testament from Matthew through 2 Timothy.
READ ONLINE FREE
ORDER PRINT EDITIONS
- Andrew has written personal notes and commentary on nearly 3,200 scriptures.
- In some cases, the research for a single note has taken over eight hours.
- The study Bible was originally published in small monthly installments until the Gospels were completed.
- Andrew averaged 1 to 1.5 hours of study to produce the notes on each verse.
Andrew's personal study notes to guide you through the Word!
Bible Commentary FAQs
- How much of the Bible does Andrew's commentary cover?
- The commentary covers the New Testament from Matthew through 2nd Timothy.
- Are there notes for every verse?
- There are notes for a little more than half the verses. Only the verses that have notes are listed in the web site. If a verse you are interested in is not covered, look around it in context and you may find what you are looking for.
- Why is it called "Note 20 at Acts 2:11" when there is only one note for that verse?
- The commentary notes on this web site are taken from a printed study Bible. The system of numbering notes was designed for the printed book and is used throughout the text to refer to other notes. Because of this, it would be very difficult to try and change them.
- Why are there references to page numbers?
- As mentioned above, the commentary notes are taken from a printed study Bible. The page numbers are useful in the printed book but not the web pages.
- What is this a reference to? "(see ref. b at v. 37) "
- There are more features to the printed study Bible than we can include on this web site. We have many marginal references in the printed version with word definitions and related verses. This is a reference to one of these marginal notes.