From the home of Andrew Wommack on March 31, 2020:
Dear partners and friends,
I pray this update finds you healthy and hopeful in the midst of this extraordinary time in our world’s history. I’ve got a lot to share today, and I know it will encourage you.
Please watch the video below to hear how the Lord is helping us to be 100% operational at the ministry. And watch until the end, where there’s a prayer for your protection and provision.
If you need prayer for any reason, we’ve got prayer ministers here who love you and want to encourage you in the Lord. Just call 719-635-1111. Our Helpline is now open 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday! I will continue to share updates with you as they become available. We are all going to come through this better than we were before!
Andrew and Jamie
Frequently asked questions about this outbreak:
- Q: Will Charis Bible College still host their upcoming events despite the threat of Coronavirus?
- A: Charis Bible College is still planning to host as many of the currently scheduled 2020 events as possible, making adaptations as needed; adaptations include live streaming, cancelling, or postponing events. As health care practitioners and the public health community work together to address the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, there are still unknowns.
- Q: What is Charis Bible College doing to prepare for upcoming and future events in light of the Coronavirus outbreak?
A: Charis is complying with the requests and recommendations of health officials as well as staying informed with the most up-to-date information on the virus.
We do know that personal hygiene is of critical importance. We are complying with and strongly encourage
that people implement the recommendations of their public health agencies.
Prevention tips include:
- Washing your hands for twenty seconds and/or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Covering your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue when coughing and sneezing and discarding the tissue immediately into a closed bin
- Refraining from touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using disinfectant cleaning sprays or wipes
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Staying home and not attending public events if you are feeling ill
- Q: Will attendees be screened at Charis Bible College for fever or other health symptoms?
- A: There are no plans to screen individual attendees at our upcoming events. Every attendee is encouraged to be diligent and proactive as to their own physical wellness as well as follow healthy habits to prevent passing the cold/flu to others.
- Q: Will there be international participants from infected countries at our upcoming events?
A: Charis Bible College regularly hosts events that may draw some international attendees, including those from countries that have been adversely impacted by the outbreak. With the advent of the Coronavirus outbreak, Charis Bible College is following and adhering to the US State Department’s guidance and directives.
For information on international travel to the United States, see this link.
As such, persons coming from countries that are deemed to be high risk areas will either not be able to travel into the United States, or if/when they arrive, will be subject to additional medical screening measures, including potential quarantine for up to fourteen days before they would be allowed entry into the United States. International attendees coming to future events will have to adhere to those protocols, which is one of the contributing factors to the determinations by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, and the El Paso County (Colorado) Office of Public Health.
- Q: If attendees show symptoms, what will you do?
- A: We ask all our attendees to adhere to good health practices and to seek medical attention as needed. Charis Bible College and Colorado Department of Public Health encourage the implementation of good personal hygiene practices. Charis encourages any event registrant or participant who contracts a fever or other flu-like symptoms to stay at their home or hotel to help maintain the health of all event participants.
- Q: Is there a go / no-go date for when Charis Bible College will decide to cancel specific upcoming events?
- A: Charis Bible College is monitoring the situation daily and will make its decisions based upon the best available information and direction provided by government and public health authorities.
- Q: Will you be asking people to refrain from handshaking or other forms of contact?
- A: Charis Bible College encourages each attendee to offer the greeting they are most comfortable in sharing with others, as well as being respectful if others choose to not shake hands or engage in other direct contact as a greeting.
- Q: Will you have masks for event participants?
- A: Masks will not be distributed to Charis Bible College event attendees. Persons wanting such masks should bring their own.
- Q: If an event is cancelled, will I get a refund?
- A: Yes. In cases of event cancellation or transition into being a livestream-only event, refunds will be issued automatically. For any questions, please call our Helpline at 719-635-1111. Reservation and travel expenses must be addressed with the provider.